Opera Fairbanks Donors are recognized at the following giving levels:
Adventurer $500 (+)
Panner up to $100
The Founder’s Circle is reserved for those who provided support in the amount of $1,000 or more before December 31, 2007.
The Platinum Circle is reserved for those providing lifetime support in the total amount of $100,000 or more.
It’s PFD time in Alaska! Please choose to support the work of Opera Fairbanks through Pick. Click. Give. when you make your PFD application.
Opera is beautiful, but the most expensive of the performing arts! Opera Fairbanks relies on the support of its patrons to keep producing high-quality opera performances and education. Can you help us meet rising production costs with a contribution? Your donation is tax-deductible to the extent provided by law. Opera Fairbanks is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation.
Support Opera Fairbanks through community programs!
Support Opera Fairbanks by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards card via the community rewards program at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. You can search for Opera Fairbanks by name or our number: 86682. You retain all of your individual rewards, and Opera Fairbanks earns a contribution from Kroger!
Support Opera Fairbanks by linking your Amazon.com account to Opera Fairbanks via the smile.amazon.com program! Go to smile.amazon.com for more information.
Opera Fairbanks is part of the eBay Giving Works External Link program. So, you can support our mission of providing performance, educational, and promotional opportunities via high-quality opera when you buy and sell on eBay.
Other Giving Options:
Planned Giving. Giving through your estate will help ensure that Opera Fairbanks productions and educational programs will remain for future generations. A bequest to Opera Fairbanks may be restricted to a specific program or purpose, or unrestricted to be applied where the need is greatest. Bequests can specify a dollar amount, a percentage of your estate, or include a contingency. For more information, please contact your estate planner, attorney, or tax advisor.
Support of Opera Fairbanks provides corporate benefactors will access to our diverse audience. Sponsorships are tailored to each corporation or company; sponsorships offer valuable benefits to the companies who support Opera Fairbanks. Benefits include logo and name visibility, invitations to special or limited-access events, and complimentary dress rehearsal and/or performance tickets.
Please call the Opera Fairbanks office at 907.479.7372 to discuss the sponsorship packages currently available.
Possible benefit over age 70 1/2
Federal legislation was passed at the end of 2015 making the IRA direct charitable rollover gift option permanent. Now, each year, persons over age 70 ½ may make gifts to charity directly from individual retirement accounts (IRAs) without including the distribution as personal income, but counting the gift toward the required minimum distribution. These “qualified charitable distributions” (issued directly from the IRA administrator to the charity) must meet certain guidelines to qualify as a charitable gift:
- You must be at least age 70 ½ when the gift rollover distribution is made.
- The law applies only to IRA accounts (either Traditional or Roth). Other plans such as 401(k) or 403(b) plans do not qualify.
- The QCD(s) must be made directly from your IRA administrator to your favorite charity. (For those with check writing privileges on their IRA accounts, this may be the most efficient way to make gifts directly from an IRA.)
- Total IRA rollover gifts are limited to $100,000 per taxpayer per year. If married and each spouse has an IRA, then each may gift up to $100,000 per year.
- The gift counts toward your IRA required minimum annual distribution (RMD).
- The gift distribution is excluded from your income for both federal and state income tax purposes. Although you cannot deduct the gift on your income tax return, the distribution is not reported as income so there is no adverse income tax effect.
- Your QCD may not be used to contribute to a private foundation, donor advised fund, supporting organization, a charitable gift annuity or a charitable remainder trust.
- (Note: The distribution will not qualify if the IRA owner receives the distribution and then writes a check to the charity. Such distributions are income to the owner, and the owner may then claim an itemized charitable deduction for the gift.)
Please contact Opera Fairbanks at 907.479.7372 or email@example.com should your financial advisor require any specific information about our organization. A sample fill-in distribution requests to your IRA Custodian/Administrator may be found here.
Opera Fairbanks is a 501c3 nonprofit corporation, EIN # 20-3975320.
This is informational only and is not intended to be legal or tax advice. Please check with your tax and/or legal advisor(s) if you have any questions regarding Qualified Charitable Distributions and/or how this information may apply to your individual circumstances.
Donors to Opera Fairbanks may double or even triple the impact of their gift if their employer participates in a Matching Gift program. Please contact your company’s human resources department to see if Opera Fairbanks qualifies for a matching gift. Simply complete the form available from your employer and send it to:
PO Box 80305
Fairbanks, AK 99708
Gifts of Stock
Transferring appreciated stocks to Opera Fairbanks is an easy way to help ensure our future. When you donate publicly-traded stocks to Opera Fairbanks, you may avoid capital gains taxes. You may also take the full fair market value of the gift as a charitable deduction on your income taxes. For more information on the tax implications of donating stocks to charity, please consult your tax advisor. For more information on how to donate your stocks to Opera Fairbanks, please contact the Opera Fairbanks office at 907.479.7372.